Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My day at home with Papa.

Today Papa and I stayed home. We stayed in our PJ's for most of the day and had a good time.
I've recently really started getting into books. I've always kind of liked books, but mostly just looking at the pictures and flipping through the pages quickly, but now I like it when mama and pap read to me- especially if the books pertain to heavy machinery or Car Movie.

I thought it would be good for baby Susie to start reading too. I read her a few books, but then just set her up so she could read on her own.



In this video, I'm showing Susie around the room and letting her look at all my cool toys, including the choo choo track.

Since comfort is the name of the game around these parts, I have recently started demanding that when I get my diaper changed, both of my friends George also receive "poofs" or a puff of baby powder on their bottoms. I've also discovered that if it involves George, mama and papa generally won't say no, because they think it's so cute when I pretend to do things with George.

Here's Little George's poof.

And here's Big George's poof.


Mom says she doesn't understand how I can be so cute after I was such a punk at supper time. Mom made an awesome pork chop casserole tonight. Not that I would know- I didn't eat a bite. Mama said I didn't have to eat, but I did have to sit in my chair until everyone else was done eating. I sat, but I was not very happy. I wanted my juice, but mama made me ask for it and say please. I held out for a while, then said please and got my juice. I promptly threw my juice on the floor just to show her. Papa said that he remembers doing the same thing to Nama when he was a kid. He said Nama would appreciate that when we get into battles of wills, I usually get quiet and pretend not to see or hear mama, just like he did. But he also said that Nama would ask him to eat, while my own mama said tough luck and that I had to go to bed without supper. I thought she had a cold heart, but now I'm starting to thinking maybe she doesn't have one at all.


While I may ponder the existence of mama's heart, I know that she has a stomach to make up for the difference. She asked my to post the link to the recipe she made tonight for supper because she was so surprised at how good it was.

Tangy Pork Chop Stuffing Bake

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

Love the poof! HeeHee

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home