Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

One more trip to the zoo- Henry.


Papa finished the intro chapter of his dissertation early Friday morning, so we decided to celebrate by going to the zoo. It's probably our favorite place in Madison, so we're determined to get back at least one more time before we leave next week.


Because I've been cooped up in the house all week (between packing, the heat, and the skeeters), mama said we were going to the playground first so I could blow off some steam.


It took me a little while to warm up to the playground. All of this moving stuff has started making me a little nervous. Mama has packed up most of my toys and my books and she spends most of her time working. Lately, I don't want to play by myself or be alone at all. It really made mama feel bad yesterday when I told her "Don't go to North Carolina without Henry and Baby Juner." As if they didn't feel guilty enough.

Because I was a little nervous, papa stayed at the top of the slide and mama stayed at the bottom with Juner.
After the playground we rode the carousel. I chose to sit on the bench. Papa tried to get me to ride on the camel that goes up and down, but I pointed out that the bench has pandas, so it was good enough.


The carousel in action.

This morning I was awake before 6am. (Which is two hours early for us. We're no Taller girls.) In what has been our earliest rise in a long time, we decided to head down for our last Farmer's Market. This really made mama sad because she really loves the Farmer's Market. We got doughnuts from our favorite bakery, bought our favorite cheese curds and some cheese from another booth. (Mama is particular and prefers different cheese from different vendors.) Then we went inside the Capitol for one last trip up to the top for the spectacular view of all of Madison, the hundreds of protesters- from the crazy guy praying for piece in Japan to the old lady choir singing impeachment songs for the president, and even the orchestra that set up on the steps for a morning concert. We know that there is a Farmer's Market in W-S, but we're sad because it won't be nearly as much as a spectacle as Madison's.

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

This zoo looks like so much fun! You are such a big boy now!

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home