Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

My recent accomplishments- Juner.


While Henry spent some time yesterday afternoon watching rhythmic gymnastics, I focused on developing some skills of my own sitting up! I've been dabbling with the vertical position for a few days, but this weekend I really made it my own.

Now I only prefer to to be sitting up. Unless I'm taking a nap, I do not want to lie down.

But when I am lying down, I flip straight to by belly and see how far I can scoot in any direction.

Mama predicts I'll be crawling within a month.

When I'm not trying to get to my brother's toy cars, I'm playing with my stuffed animals. Henry likes to pull all of them out and pile them around me so I always have a toy to play with.

And I have a special knack for finding all of the tags that haven't been ripped off and chewing them until mama finds little bits of soggy paper in my mouth!

When I'm not eating paper, I'm busy working on a fine progression of solid food.

My favorites are definitely rice cereal and oatmeal, but I've also tried sweet potatoes (loved them!) and peaches (they were okay, maybe next time mama should puree them a little more). And tonight, for the first time, mama gave me a biter biscuit (like a really dense graham cracker). I liked holding it and sucking on it for a few minutes, but ultimately it wasn't dissolving fast enough and we had to go back to mama shoveling food in my mouth as fast as she could.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?
No grits yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home