Ode to Grandpa's Bike Crash
My Grandpa Seibert got in a bike wreck this week. He had to go to the hospital to get the gravel cleaned out of his knees and elbows. I guess that's what you've got to do when you are a dangerous road-biker. Since the newspaper didn't show up in time to get footage of the wreck, I reenacted it in my living room.
Warning- this entry contains graphic footage that may disturb younger viewers. Please use discretion.
Here I am (as Grandpa), riding my bike, minding my own business. Hey, I think there is something behind me!
No, dogs! Get away! Don't run in front of my wheels!!Skid! Crash! Kapow! Zowie!
Whoa! Watch out below! Luckily I can use my exposed skin to help me skid to stop down this gravel road. Good thing I'm wearing a helmet.
Oh no! My tight pants and bright jersey are ruined! My bike is scratched! At least I still have my headband.
THE END
Wow. Acting is hard. I have a new respect for crazy Tom Cruise.

4 Comments:
A thespian at 8 months! I am so proud.
Love,
Grandma
Hank,
Hope your Grandpa is doing OK. He will smile when he sees you. You did a great job showing us how the crash happened. Hope you don't have too many crashes on your bike.
Love you little man,
Ol'l Gramps
Hank-
Tell your Grandpa that we hope that he's all right! Boy, what acting! You should have your own star!
Lester
Hank-
We appreciate your attention to detail in recreating the crash. Our favorite picture is your sprawled across the floor. We bet grandpa looked just like that. Please post more pictures soon. I need the distraction.
Love
Aunt Jenni
Post a Comment
<< Home