Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Super Sunday.


Today started out like any other day. Woke up, played with my trucks.
It was snowing, so Mom and Dad took me out to get coffee and pain au chocolat in my pj's. I got to eat an apple scone.


Mom let me drink out of a water bottle. It was a lot of fun. But she said that's the last time, because I left puddles behind. I chewed on the cap a lot because my teeth are hurting lately. And in case you haven't heard, I got my first molar on Thursday. My upper left first-year molar. That makes 9 teeth. Count 'em, doubters.


Dad, what are you doing in the bathroom with the door closed? Let me in!


Well, it's a good thing we went out for pastry early. We ended up getting about 5 inches of snow today.


Mom and I like it when it snows. Sorry Grandma Seibert, but it will snow in Ohio soon.


My friend Nora came over to watch the playoffs with me tonight.


Although we were sad to see the Saints lose to the Bears, we were totally stoked to see the Colts turn it around in the 2nd half and cream the Patriots! (We were also pretty excited about the awesome homemade pizza that Mr. Josh made.)


In my excitement over the Colts comeback (the biggest comeback in conference championship history, by the way) I ran too fast and fell and hit my face of the bookshelf.


I won't lie, I cried. But Dad said I didn't cry nearly as much as Tom Brady cried after he threw the interception that lost the game (and the chance to go to a Super Bowl) for the Pats. Cheer up, Tom--the Colts just named you their game MVP.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Henry, you've been too far from Chicago for too long - I can't believe you were rooting for the Saints! Are your parents the ones leading you astray? They may not let any of you back in Illinois again... You'll learn when they win the SuperBowl :)
-- Your Chicago Aunt, Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home