Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy birthday to my aunts.


Although it's a little late, I wanted to officially acknowledge two birthdays. My Aunt Girl (Jill) turned 19 on Thursday. Aunt Jenni turned a little bit older on Friday.

To celebrate, mom made a birthday brownie, banana pudding thing. It was really good and we wish Aunt Jenni and Aunt Jill could have been here to share it with us.

Otherwise, we've just been hanging out around the house. It rained alot this week, so we spent most of our time inside (with the exception of yesterday, which was beautiful).

In the few moments I'm allowed to have my nuk and blank-o outside of bed, I hate to have to lose the use of my hands, so I've taken to carrying my blanket under my chin.

Today was a fun day. Mom and I picked up our vegetables (which included a tomatillo salsa kit that was awesome!). We went downtown to visit dad and the farmer's market. It started raining so we ducked into the Overture Center. It must have been our lucky day, because they were just opening up single ticket sales for the season. Mom and Papa ended up getting tickets to Nickel Creek, Evita, and Spamalot (it's all the rage). They also told me to tell you that Christmas is now canceled because they are out of money. I didn't get any tickets, but I did get a set of coconuts to bang together to sound like horses galloping (you have to see the movie to get it). We also went to the library, which has a tent, a train set, and a whole set of wooden trucks and buses. Books? I didn't notice any books. We did finally make it to the farmer's market, where we filled up on cheese and bought flowers and a mint plant. We rounded out the day with some pizza at Ian's. Yum. I fell asleep on the way home, and of course was wide awake when mom tried to put me back down in bed. I was feeling generous though, because I played for about an hour in bed (even though mom came in and told me to go to sleep). Mom took a nap and is not sure whether I actually went to sleep or not, but I wasn't crying and she was tired, so she figured at least one of us should get a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home