Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Enjoying the tropical January temperatures.

This morning, mama announced the it was 20 degrees outside, and such warm weather meant we were headed outdoors (keep in mind, the temperature haven't peaked above 0 for about 2 weeks up here in Wisconsin).

Papa got my sled out of the basement and we practiced by giving baby Susie a ride around the house.

In the end, I decided that Suz was too small to go outside, so I fed her a bottle and put her down for a nap instead.
Our neighbors were out so we went over to sled with Ariel, but after one ride down the hill in their front yard, I decided I would just rather get my car out.

This is how you say cheese when your hat is down over your eyes. By the looks of this picture, I think maybe I had too much syrup on my pancakes last night. I can't even count all of my chins.

Ariel and her dad came over and pushed me in the car.

Then I pushed her while she beeped the horn.

Mom tried to get a video of me running across the driveway, but I stopped to say cheese as soon as I saw the camera. She likened me running to watch a baby penguin run. With 2 pairs of pants, two shirts, snow pants, and a big fluffy coat, I don't think anyone could have done any better. Plus, mom wasn't moving so fast either. Not with that big belly of hers.

After we played outside for about 2 hours, we decided to take a walk down to the bakery outlet that is about a half mile from our house. We took the wagon with us. It was a great trip. We got to see all of the army truck at the National Guard Armory, a Bobcat plowing the parking lot and the sidewalks, and the bank. We also got to walk through the tunnel that goes under the busy street. They hadn't plowed the sidewalk to the tunnel so mom and I had to forge our own path through the 2 inches of snow that fell yesterday. We had a great time on our walk, but I eventualy got tired and mom had to pull me in the wagon for the second half of our trip home.
When we got back inside, we peeled off all of our layers and got ready for lunch.
That's some crazy hat hair! I'm very exited about the peanut butter sandwiches we're having for lunch!

Here's a video of some of my new tricks. First, after mom winked at me a lot this week, I discovered I could turn off the lights with mind powers. (I came up with this on my own, by the way.) Next, I demonstrate how I keep my rooster in the barn with the barn door closed. This was mom's idea after every picture she took of me featured my mouth wide open. Then, as winder got colder, my tongue kept coming out and my cheeks got pretty chapped. Now we have our code language to remind me of my manners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home