Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A big weekend.

Sorry for the shortage on updates. Don't worry, it's not because mama is having a baby. That kid is staying put. I did however decide that I want a girl (like my baby Suzie) and that I'm going to name her George Sister. Luckily mom and dad have me to pick out awesome baby names.

We had a great weekend. We got up Saturday morning and headed straight to the huge model train show downtown, or the choo choo show as I called it. Mom, of course, forgot the camera, but they did manage to take a few pictures with their cell phones.

Here I am in the closest thing we have to a train engineer outfit. Mom did buy me a conductor's hat, but I'm still reluctant to put it on. We got to look at many train displays on the ground, (which mama liked) and a lot that were on displays at about 4 foot high (which mama didn't like). The smart parents were the ones that had been to the show before and knew to bring along step ladders so that their kids could watch without having to be held up. I also got to play with a huge Brio set, and operate the controls of a Thomas electric train!

The best part was that I got to ride the circus train all by myself!!

On Saturday night, we had friends over and got to see tiny tiny baby Liliana. She's just 3 weeks old and only weighs 7 ad a half pounds. Mom liked to cuddle her and said that her baby probably already outweighed Liliana. We forgot to take pictures, mostly because it takes alot for mom to climb the stairs more than when it is absolutely necessary anymore.
On Sunday it snowed again. Generally, we're all big fans of winter, but mama has declared 85 inches of snow as her breaking point. She said she's had enough and she wants spring to come already.

Like my cousins Natalie and Oliver, I spent a fair amount of time jumping off beds into laundry baskets this weekend.

And I figured it would be a good place to enjoy a book too.

On Sunday we got to watch the Daytona 500. it was great except for the fact that there weren't too may car crashes. I made up for it by crashing my cars instead.

Yesterday, Ariel came and spent the evening with us. And mama said she liked the idea of having two kids again. Ariel was a great help, and for the most part, I wanted to do everything that Ariel did. Ariel kept me busy most of the night and then helped put me to bed.

She did a great job reading me my favorite "Grady Grader" book.

Tonight, mama and papa took a date night of their own and I got to go to my best friend Huckey's (Huntley's) house. If it's even possible, Huntley has just as much Car movie memorabilia as me and even more choo choo toys. We had a great time.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry,

There is no better way to spend your time in a clothes basket than reading. Some people never realize that fact. You are a quick learner.
Love,
Nama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home