Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy birthday Uncle Kevin.


If you can even believe it, my Uncle Kevin turned 30 years old today. That is a really long time to be alive.


Still, we like Uncle Kevin even if we'll have to put him in a home soon. I guess that's why they had kids. Oliver, you better getting working to support your dad when he goes senile in a couple years. I hear he's already referring to himself in the third person.

As a birthday present to Uncle Kevin, mom let us take this picture of her and actual post it on the internet. For those of you counting, mama's at 38 weeks and 5 days. Papa says the end must be near because she demanded that he go to the grocery store and rent a Rug Doctor tonight so she could clean the carpets. Lucky for us, she also found these maternity shorts to wear while she worked. Too bad she already took off the pink slipper boots she was wearing before we took the picture.

Word to the wise- there better not be any wisecracks about my mom pasty legs or enormous belly or else papa may have to pay for it.

I was kind of scared that mama might eat me or at least bite my head off this morning. Papa says the best defense is to play dead until she leaves. He's an expert at it.

For those of you really counting, mama had a doctor's appointment where the doctor said she was 80% effaced and 2 centimeters dilated- whatever that means. Mama says it just means she's going to have a baby sometime in the next 4 weeks. But maybe pushing around a carpet cleaner will help. Mama has also taken to eating large quantities of ice (sorry Aunt Kathy) because she says it's too warm in Wisconsin. (You should hear her belly ache when it gets up above 10 degrees here.) She said she's trying to freeze the baby out. But this is a Wisconsin baby like me. The ice consumption just made me stronger and is probably why I like being outside all the time now- even when it is only -2 degrees.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, You are Beautiful. The baby may have grown some, but YOU don't look big. ;)
Love, Meg

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! Do the authorities know about your exposed legs in the snow belt? Seriously, I heard there are laws against Wisconsin people showing their skin in all months except July (and then, you can only show up to your knees). Honestly, I heard Barack is going to make this a law! See, Hillary isn't looking so bad anymore! Vote for Hillary!
Aunt Jenni

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Henry,
I don't think that your momma is that bad. It's Popa that you need to worry about!

Oh, and I was super jealous that you had a blog before me, seeing as I'm 17 years older than you, and I made one! Maybe I'll be as cool as you and your cousin Sadie :]

Here it is!

http://www.jillianec.blogspot.com

I love you!

Aunt Girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home