Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunday- Henry


When I woke up yesterday morning, there were Easter eggs everywhere. Luckily for me, Aunt Jenni stuffed the eggs, so it meant more than one piece of candy in ever egg! Everyone was surprised that I actually had the restraint to collect all the eggs before I gorged out.


Here's my egg hunt in action.

I would have put on Easter clothes, but it's Wisconsin so I wore my snowplow shirt instead.

Here I am with my loot, and a mouthful of marshmallows and chocolate eggs.

Aunt Jenni said in the Seibert family, you have to follow up a big candy breakfast with egg eyeballs.

I gave it a try.

Now the nose.

And the ears.

Even June got an Easter basket with little chocolate bugs. Uncle Adam, is it all right to store candy in June's snail pocket? She's not fast enough to catch snails yet.
After the egg casserole we had for breakfast, Aunt Jenni said I could eat my Easter bunny. I was a little leery at first, but then mom broke off the candy eyes and I decided to give it a try.

While most kids start with the ears, I went straight for the face. we followed up my breakfast chocolate bunny with chocolate lamb cake. I love Easter.

Later, we honored another family tradition of humiliating the youngest with embarrassing costumes. Spring may have officially started on Friday, but we still have snow, so we put June in my old snowman costume.

Next, we tried on the bunny ears. She was very happy to get out of that snowman suit.

Finally, mama got out the lamb costume she bought last year. She only paid 97 cents for this after Halloween! She didn't understand why there were so many left! We think June makes a pretty cute lamb.
I even gave the bunny ears a try. Notice the big eyes- the size corresponds directly with the amount of sugar coursing through my veins.

Aunt Jenni stuffed me with more candy before she left.

Once again, I'm not smiling because of the candy in my mouth. After my nap, I spent the afternoon asking "Where Jenni go?" We're sure going to miss her!


Here's the view from our house on Easter morning. It snowed again on Sunday afternoon, officially putting us over ...
inches! That's right! We now have officially received 100.4 inches of snow this winter, obliterating the normal 50-60 inches Madison usually receives and smashing the previous record of 76 inches by a landslide. Now that we're all members of the century club, we're going to head down to the basement to sleep through the next 6 weeks of winter.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Henry and June.
Aunt Girl needs your help.
How do you put the links to your other friends sites?! I would love to put you 2 and Sadie on my blog.

Thank you! Love you!
Aunt Girl!

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junebug,
Your big brother had a fit when your Mom put the snowman outfit on him the first time.

Love GG&GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home