Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Little sister goes with the flow- Mama.

Now we don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but life with a little sister has been pretty good so far. If it's even possible, JB has been even more calm and easy going than Henry was as a baby. Granted, she's had someone around to hold her just about every second of the day so far, so how bad could things really get? (She even slept in her own bed from 9 pm to 6:30 am, waking up only once to eat!)
But one case where we know she's a more mellow baby has been bath time. Up to the age of six months, every time you got Henry near water, he would scream and pump his little legs and methodically launch himself over the back edge of his baby bath tub. As long as you keep pouring warm water on her head, I think June would stay in a bath tub all day. We all got baths on Monday night, and while she was in her tub, June got the water a little dirty (if you know what I mean). So I grabbed her out and decided just to finish up her bath in the big bath tub. She was ever happier to lay in the tub with Henry with the warm water covering all of her body instead of just her legs like in the infant tub.

And Henry was a very helpful older brother and rinsed her belly off. She does look a little mad in these pictures ad that's only because I pulled her out of the water to call Papa upstairs to see what a bathtime prodigy she is.

After the bath, Henry continued to be a big help by feeding June her bottle. Henry didn't get very many bottles when he was little, because I was home for 6 months, so we never tried to push it. That resulted in a little guy who wanted nothing to do with a bottle at the age of 3 months. Since I'll only be home for 3 months, we're trying to give June a bottle about once a day, hoping to circumvent any resistance later on.

Henry has been great with June. Mostly he ignores her except when she's crying and he tries to shove a nuk in her mouth and when her diaper is dirty. Diaper time generally goes like this:

I announce that baby June needs a change. Henry drops everything and insists on helping. We get her clothes off and Henry inspects her belly button and declares that her "button broke off" and has not returned. When we get her diaper off, Henry instructs June to keep her feet out of the poop and helps by holding her feet up. After the change, Henry will usually ask for his turn for a diaper change or for some hand stuff (what we call the hand sanitizer).

The only mischief that Henry has created is that yesterday he did start farting and blaming it on June. We expect this to last for at least 27 more years. As much as we tried to prevent it, it looks like June is gong to be a fartknocker just like her Aunt Girl.

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
I'm glad to see that June looks happy and healthy. ;) Can't wait to meet her...hopefully soon. :)
Love, Meg

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

27 years? 48 years later, I still blame my farts on my big sister (your Nama) and she lives 2 hours away!

Love,
Great Aunt Molly

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

June Bug,
There is no shame in the name of Fartknocker :]
It's just a big brother kind of thing. Just let him get it out (I've been letting your papa get it out for about 19 years now)
Love you both!
Aunt Girl

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

June Bug,
There is no shame in the name of Fartknocker :]
It's just a big brother kind of thing. Just let him get it out (I've been letting your papa get it out for about 19 years now)
Love you both!
Aunt Girl

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

June-

How funny! I'll be laughing at this one for awhile.

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home