Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another sick week, but we did go to the zoo- Henry.

For those of you who haven't heard, sickness has hit the Turner family again. Luckily for everyone else, this time it just hit me. It started at the babysitter's on Monday, when I suddenly spiked a high fever (102 degrees) and became very lethargic. Mama came and got me, and by nighttime, my fever was up to 104 degrees. We had a long, not so restful night in mama and papa's bed and yesterday I was feeling a little better.

Two other kids have come down with the same illness at the babysitter's, so we were prepared for what was in store next- the full body rash. Apparently, we all have roseola- a pretty common virus among kids. Mama says at least I'm not barfing, so it could be worse.


Here are some shots of me tonight at bathtime. As you can see, the worst is around my mouth.

I look pretty happy in these pictures, but so far we've had a bad night. The rash on my mouth hurts when I suck on my nuk, but I don't want to go to sleep without it. I've taken up camp in mama and papa's room with baby June. It's going to be a fun night!

This week hasn't been all bad though. Nama Cooper flew in yesterday and we took advantage of the warm weather (almost 40 degrees!) and went to the zoo today!

The most exciting part was that the mama lion was down by the window interacting with everyone by trying to paw through the glass. We thought it was cool, but mama was also planning an escape route in case it made it through.

Yikes!

We had a great time seeing all the other animals that were out.

But the best part of the zoo was right before we left and mama let me splash in all the puddles.

She said to get wet now because I was going to have to lose my shoes ad pants before I got in the car.

And a video of the fun. We used Nama's camera for this video and mama's not sure why there's no sound, but you get the idea.

Oh and baby June is still here too. She mostly stayed in the sling and slept all day.

She did go to the doctor's for her 2 week checkup today. She weighed 8 pounds exactly, although mama thinks it should have been more, but right before the nurse weighed her, she peed, pooped, and her belly button fell off. That was probably a good 5 ounces!

We promise more pictures of baby June and her cute new tummy tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

March roars like a lion!

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video of the lion is terrifying. Jeez.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

I'm so sorry that you was sick. You looked like you & Grandma Cooper had a great time at the zoo! By the way, tell Grandma Cooper that I said she looks GREAT!

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home