Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Our morning at the gym- Henry.

Grandma had to leave this morning. Grandpa was getting lonely and it's supposed to snow this weekend in Ohio, so she had to get home to buy some beer and summer sausage.

We tried to get a good picture of Grandma and the Wisconsin grandkids, but I was much more interested in the Curious George coloring book that Grandma gave me. Thanks Grandma!

After Grandma left, mom took June and I to the gym. It's a gymnastics center that opens up for a few hours every day to charge $5 to let your kid run around and jump on things. (Pure genius. Much like the pole barn owners in Indiana that buy inflatable toys for kids to climb on- see Evie and Stinker's blog.)
While June slept in her sling and mama watched, I had a great time running around.

I spent a good deal of time making sure the noodle-traffic cone tunnels were in proper working condition after kids kept pulling them apart. (See "The Knack" video again.)

I really liked the balance beam.

But preferred it when mama held my hand.

I crawled around on these big blocks for a long time- that's me falling off. This picture actually documents the first time that I laid eyes on the girl that would use me and break my heart. Apparently, even at the young age of two, boys can be taken advantage of by bossy girls in skimpy outfits. Mama was not to pleased when this girl decided I was her errand boy and spent about a half hour bossing me around. But, like most boys, I fell for the pretty one. Mama put an end to it when she finally turned to her and demanded that she stopped taking pictures on me but instead take pictures of her. (We're not sure where her mother was, but we hope someone puts that child in line soon.)

This is how I spent the rest of the morning- looking smitten and following her every command. Mama says I'm doomed and will probably end up doing math homework for the popular girl in high school who will then make fun of me and make her jock boyfriend beat me up. Luckily, I'll always be the strong handsome type when I play Dungeons and Dragons online with my cyber friends.


Here's a video of my awesome jumping skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home