Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Photos for my photography class. - Mama.

Like I've mentioned before, I'm taking a photography class while I'm on maternity leave. This week's lesson was on exposure. And while I won't bore you with all my over- and under-exposed shots, I did take a few that I liked.

Of course, any picture of Junebug is a work of art. She is so darn cute. You'll see we've graduated from the SwaddleMe blanket to the Miracle Blanket. We couldn't get the swaddle me to fit all the way around her anymore. I call the Miracle Blanket the old standby. It got Henry to sleep through the night at 3 weeks. And it's already doing the trick with JB. She slept for 4 hours straight this afternoon and I had to wake her up.


This picture doesn't really show it, but June is having some major flaky skin all over the face. She must have inherited this from her papa, who suffers from dandruff of the eyebrows.



The view from our backyard. We've had a couple day stretch of really nice weather lately. And we've spent most of it outside- to Henry's delight. He asks to go outside every minute we're inside and it has lead to an excitement level so high that renders eating pretty much impossible. Why eat when we could play outside?

Today, Henry was pushing his cozy coupe around and decided it needed a fill-up. After opening the "gas tank cover" a couple times, Henry somehow decided that gas is really the sidewalk chalk that is all over our driveway. So he spent a good ten minutes filling up the car with yellow and blue gas. This involved Henry rubbing his fingers on the asphalt and then sticking them in the gas tank of his plastic car. I don't know where he came up with this.

Finally, for those of you who were dying to see the new blinds in Henry's room in action, here they are. This was taken at midday, so I'm fairly satisfied with how they darken the room for nap time.


And they even open too.

I had one of those moments last night when you stop and think "I never thought I would be saying these words out loud. I am such a mom." I was wrestling with a screaming a kicking Henry through the bedtime routine. Henry was yelling "Henry go to bike store!" over and over- devastated that papa had gone without him. And I found myself saying "You could have prevented this Henry. You could have gone to the bike store too. But you wouldn't stop licking the walls. If you keep licking the walls, you'll never get to go to the bike store."

Now it's time for your comments. What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever had to say to your kid as a matter of discipline?

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Adli Jacobs said...

Adli was keeping the fridge door open to long and because I am from the time of the Cosby show I said "Better not keep that open to long or the penguins will come" Okay Adli did not get the joke and alas thinks that penguins will come when you open the fridge door to long. What did I learn - Jokes are lost on kids :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one (of many, I am sure) that sticks out in my mind was when Evan was little and INSISYED that his battery-operated keyboard turned on during a serious electrical storm. We thought he was fibbing and told him that "Jesus doesn't like it when you fib," and sent him promptly back to bed......in the dark.... in a thuderstorm. The next time there was a strom and he came to us with the same complaint, we escorted him back to him room with the same Cahtolic guilt trip only to discover THAT HE WAS RIGHT.....it was on! Poor kid.

Oh I could tell you stories.....
Love Aunt Kathy

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kids here. But I like the pictures. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home