Baptised!- June.
I'm now officially a member of the St. Dennis community. On Saturday night, I was baptized.
As usual for the Seibert family, it took alot of coordination to get all of the kids in the chapel for the ceremony. But they all did great, especially considering that it was past suppertime for 6 kids who had already had a long day and had already sat through Mass.
Evie (the product of Christian preschool) was very excited about the baptism. She leaped for joy and exclaimed "She's baptized!" Natalie, celebrated by pulling her dress up over her head, causing mama and Aunt Jenni to get a case of the giggles.
Call the newspapers. This is a once in a lifetime shot. The entire Seibert family! All of them looking and most of them even smiling! This hasn't happened since we were substantially smaller and I venture to say it hasn't happened since they started having kids. Too bad the picture will be outdated in 2 months when Aunt Elizabeth has her baby!
I don't know if there are the same traditions for baptism, but mama made sure I had my "Something old and something new." My old was the slip from the dress that mama was baptized in.
And here I am in mama's gown. Grandma Seibert made it for her. Since mama was baptized at only 10 days old, the gown was very small and Grandma had to alter it so that I could fit my arms into the sleeves.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home