Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Our mother's day- mama.

I was very surprised to wake up Sunday morning and find out that Brandon hadn't gotten up early to go to work- but instead stayed home to let me sleep in and make breakfast. I got to die on eggs, biscuits, pancakes, bacon, sausage and strawberries. Henry and Brandon must have thought I was hungry enough for the lumberjack special. Even baby June was part of the plan. She was extra soft and cuddly and lured me back to sleep after I should have woken up.
While Henry was taking a nap, baby June had an explosion which required the surgical removal of some very filthy clothes. Since Henry was in with all of her clothes (like I was going to risk that!) JB just had to lay around in her skivvies. Eventually we put her in her swaddling blanket to keep warm.

But she requested one arm out so she could lick her fingers.

Later, she snoozed on the floor.

We've gotten a few questions about JB new leg warmers. So to illustrate how they'll work when June gets bigger, Henry tried them on for size. Lookin' good.

And because he had his theatrical costume on, he decided to give us all a show in bouncy seat acrobatics.

We had to tell him not to bounce too high.

Later, we sampled the summer's first sweet corn. Then we went to Culver's for custard. Mothers got free sundaes!
What's papa so happy about?

You'll be glad to know that every one in the Badger state can rest easier tonight knowing that Wisconsin's top cheese producer status is safe. California shut down two cheese factories, while Wisconsin opened up 2 new ones. Who wants to eat cheese from California anyway? It probably tastes like smog. Take that, California!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home