Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The shame- mama.


The weekend started out so well. Linkers is especially smart and had already learned to pump the keg. Most kids in Wisconsin don't master that until the age of two.


But after 5 days, we admitted defeat and drained that keg. Here's a picture you never wanted to see- Henry draining perfectly good keg beer into the lawn. The shame, the disgrace. What a sad end to a great weekend. The good news is that when it was all said and done, we only had to drain off about a quarter of the keg. And I'll admit that a full half barrel was asking a bit much- but what better way is there to say "We're so proud of our UW P.hD." than to honor that momentous occasion with a keg of Leinie's?

Our spirits lifted when the Seibert minivan rolled back into Madison after a fun mini vacation in the Dells. (Note to Uncle Kevin and Aunt Elizabeth- your last real blog post was on April 26th. Hint, hint.)

Tonight, Henry showed June how to play with her toy. Or else he was taunting her with it.

June got a bath and an opportunity to air out those rolls.

Here's a poor attempt at trying to capture Henry's black eye (mostly you just see his dirty face). Henry was playing with his big dump truck while I was cleaning out the dishwasher. Suddenly, I saw the dump truck flipping down the basement stairs. I was just about ready to start yelling "You never launch a dump truck down the stairs!" (what a good mom) when I realized that Henry got launched right along with it. He was splayed across the stairs face first. Poor guy. I was worried that he was hurt because he was crying a lot, but after about 30 seconds he asked me to take his dump truck back up the stairs so he could keep playing cars. I took that as a good sign. We'll try to get a better shot of his battle wounds tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could've helped with that keg; across the country simultaneously I got blamed for draining another graduation keg. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home