Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Discovering Winston-Henry.

We took this weekend to explore or new town. Finding the grocery store and the Walmart doesn't count anymore.

Grandma says these are magnolia trees. They look funny, but papa says they bloom in the spring and it's worth looking weird.
Betcha didn't know that I could jump over tree branches.
Wow, everyone's looking in the same direction!


Juner had to show off. She was wearing a cute skirt with this outfit, but after she ate lunch it got too tight. Geesh.

This is Wait Chapel- where all of cool stuff happens at Wake Forest. Notice that all the tree are covered in toilet paper. I guess it's a tradition to TP the quad whenever something big happens. Our neighbor says that it doesn't take much to qualify as big, so it's mostly covered in toilet paper all year long. This time it was for the football team's win in the season opener.

Reynolda Hall, in honor of the tobacco giant that pretty much founded the town and paid for everything in it.

Look close and you can see two kids showing love inside Wait Chapel.

I tested the acoustics.

Look at those two cool dudes. June is in good company.

We were very pleased to see the covered bridge that took us back in time to Olde Salem. I don't think that Olde really has that extra "e", but mama likes adding it to make things look old timey.


Wake Forest is nice, but I think Grandma would rather go to Salem College, right in the middle of Old Salem and very close to the awesome bakery that made frsh bread by hand and cooked it in a brick oven.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Ye Olde Salem. The 'Ye' is extra old fashioned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home