Finally- our house!-mama.
Our house is finally in order enough that I can handle publishing pictures of it! It's been a long road getting here, but I loaded the last of the boxes in the car to take to the recycling station tomorrow! Now we just need to find a place for the last of all of the lingering items that are everywhere!
So without further adieu, here's our house:
So without further adieu, here's our house:
We were very happy about the huge built in bookshelves and cabinets and we quickly filled them with toys and books.
Upstairs, the kids share one bedroom. You may recall that we gave Henry the option to have his own room. He responded "I have my own room. And I share it with baby Juner!" So now they're both in one room. It's worked out pretty well so far. We do have a pack and play set up in our room for the nights when June needs to cry it out (and those are finally getting fewer). June also takes naps in our room, because naps are sacred to me and I am really reveling inthe fact that everyone has been napping at least 3 hours every afternoon. The other new development is that Henry immediately felt secure enough in our new house that he gets up and leaves his room after his nap. At our old house he sat in bed and yelled until someone came and got him. I think he doesn't want to wait up June, because every morning he comes into our room whe he wakes up and plays until the rest of the family is awake.
The 3rd bedroom got turned into our office and then was taken over as Henry's matchbox playroom. I think this is the reason he gets up and leaves his room. In the afternoon, he actually comes in here and plays until June wakes up. I think he goes in our room, checks on June, and then parks his cars until she starts moving around. I don't mind because it gives me more time to myself and my naps- I mean, my cooking and my cleaning.
An interesting feature of our room is that the sink and vanity for our bathroom is actually outside in the "dressing room." I guess it's not so uncommon in the south. Brandon loves it because it makes him feel like he's in a hotel. I like it because my toothbrush isn't next to the toilet.
And here's our backyard. Since we don't have a garage, we set up a temporary shelter to keep all of Henry's toys out of the rain.

2 Comments:
House looks great, Becky! We had one of those vanities in the master bedroom in our Vienna townhouse. All it meant was that my hair wasn't confined to the bathroom, and instead it was all over our bedroom and embedded in the carpet. :-)
Your kids look great too. I'm enjoying keeping up with their development, especially June's! She's growing up so quickly.
Best, Jocelyn
I love the house. One question- did you make the quilt on your bed? It's GORGEOUS!! Smooch.
Post a Comment
<< Home