Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

My summer vacation.

Sorry for the lack of updates. We were on vacation in Southern Ohio, where they don't even have cell phone signals.
We went home for my Aunt Jill's high school graduation. (Congratulations Aunt Girl!)
Then we all headed down to Hocking Hills for some rest and relaxation.

Hocking Hills is one of the prettiest places in Ohio. There are alot of rocks and waterfalls.


My Grandpa Cooper braved the stairs and hand railings to make it all the way down to the bottom.

Here's the rest of our party coming down.

Even my Uncle Adam and Aunt Katie came back from California to go hiking.

Grandpa and Aunt Jill went cave exploring.

All of the grandkids were there. From left: my dad, Aunt Jill, mom, Aunt Katie, Uncle Adam and Uncle Cole.

Mom like this tree that grew on the bottom of a rock.

We stayed in a really nice cabin that had a farm. I got to feed the goats with my mom. At first I was scared.

But the goats were nice, so I summoned the courage to give them a snack.
Mom and Dad are trying to make sure I don't turn into too much of a city kid.
I could get used to farm living.


Mom and I could drive tractors all day long.

Aunt Katie taught me how to pet kitties gently.

Those goats were still hungry.

Dad, you need to wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.

Grandpa stayed at the cabin and chillaxed. (That's what all the cool kids say, according to Aunt Jill.)

All that country living got me good and hungry.

...for some Skyline Chili. The best stuff on earth.

On our way back home we stopped in Defiance Ohio to go to a wedding. Mom's friend Bridget Meyer married Jeff Bockey. Between the ceremony and the reception we visited with my Great Aunt Mary Ellen and Uncle Rick. They are alot of fun.

I'll try to get my Grandpa to send some pictures from the wedding reception. For the first time, my mom let me loose to run by myself in a large place. I had a good time dancing with the 300 other kids at the reception and running around like a wild man.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Henry that is so COOL. I'm glad you got to go on such a nice vacation. Little jealous, I won't be able to take mine until September. ;) (Henry's mom: I think I might have the wrong email address for you.....?)

Love, Meg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home