Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My first weekend camping.

Mom and Dad took me to Lake Michigan to go camping this weekend. We're glad we picked Point Beach State Park, because it was a very hot weekend in Wisconsin. But luckily, it was a good 10 degrees cooler and kind of breezy, because the campground was only across the road from the beach.

It took a few hours, but eventually I started to feel the call of the wild in my veins.

We made supper over an open fire. Dad ate hot dogs and I ate brownies. (Don't worry, Grandma, I also had some green beans too.)

We played at the beach too, but didn't take any pictures because it was really sandy. I didn't like playing in the water (it was cold!), but I did have fun shoveling the sand and helping dad bury things.

And just like my shirt says, I'm "not just a cute face." There's also about an inch of sand and dirt all over my body and a mouthful of brownie. Now this is one attractive kid.

Before I went to bed, mom said I had to stamp all of the filth off of me. She says I lost a pound.

The next morning, we (I) woke up very early, so we were able to hike to the lighthouse and walk back along the beach before 8am.

It's a good thing we got everything done early, because Sunday ended up being the hottest day yet this year. It was 95 degrees. (We know, we've gotten soft since our Ohio days.) So we packed up our things and headed to the promised land- Green Bay. Although we didn't see Brett Favre, we did see probably the next best thing...
...the Heuchlings. Mr. Doug and Mr. Scott took my dad golfing with Mr. Heuchling (on Sunday- they're crazy.) Mrs. Heuchling made delicious whoopie pies that papa and I ate non-stop and Miss Barbara (Barb-a) took me to the pool.

Miss Barb-a is the greatest.
We had alot of fun in Green Bay this weekend and were sad to leave when it was time to come home on Monday. Thanks for the great time, Heuchlings!

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mike Griswold said...

Who replaced Scooch with John McEnroe?

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Mike Griswold said...

By the way Hank, I have been following your progress closely over the past year, and I can say with some certainty that you are not just a cute face. Your entire being is intolerably cute. It's a great gig, killer. Enjoy it while it lasts.

"Wishes he was Uncle" Mike

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

We Love to go camping! We don't do the tent thing anymore though. I guess that happens when you get older.
We would Love you guys to go camping with us sometime.
We are always ready to go!

Lester

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, camping quesadillas were nowhere to be found.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home