Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

An update from mom in San Diego

Mom here. While the rest of you are still slogging around in the flood water, I'm having out here enjoying the sunny days of Southern California.
Even though it's not Hank, I found someone new to cuddle with, a kitty aptly named Trouble.


Yesterday, Leah and I went to La Jolla (that's pronounced "La Hoya" for all you back home). We went kayaking and snorkeling in the ocean. We kayaked out to the cliffs that you can see behind me. There are actually caves in the cliffs. We couldn't kayak into the caves, but we did anchor and swim into the caves. It was really fun. The first time I jumped in, I freaked out and swallowed about a gallon of saltwater and was convinced I was going to meet my end, but the next time, I figured out the snorkel and saw alot of cool things. We were in water that was about 10-15 feet deep. We saw a ton of fish, kelp and plant covered rocks (more like boulders).

This is a Garibaldi fish. There were hundreds swimming around. We also kayaked close to a group of sea lions and some jumped into the water and swan by our boat. We weren't brave enough to swim there.


Here I am with Leah. After we got done kayaking, we got lunch and went back to the beach for more snorkeling. The beach is actually known for being home to leopard sharks. Unfortunately, we didn't see any sharks, but we did see one huge guitarfish.


The whole day wore me out and I had no trouble sleeping in this morning.

Mom to Hank: Update the blog. I hope you guys are having fun without me, but not too much fun. I heard you got to stay up until 9:30 last night playing video games. Enjoy it while you can.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we got you snorkeling! Next step SCUBA! Sharks be damned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home