I love apple butter.
Mom finished up her apple butter on Sunday. (We had to cook down 14 cups of apples in the crock pot for 10 hours, then blend it all in the food processor. And in the end, we got about 4 cups of apple butter.) While she was working on that, I tried out one of my favorite new words- "Watch".
Keep that sweet stuff coming.
You'll also be pleased to know that my vocabulary is coming along quite well. Here's a few new words.
"Watch" - please pull my step stool over so I can throw things off the counter and try to eat whatever you're preparing.
"Bay"- Birthday. Sing me the Happy Birthday song.
"Night night"- I only say this to the babies in the books with their eyes closed.
"Bena"- banana

3 Comments:
Henry,
I am not surprised that you like apple butter - your middle name is Parsons!!
Love,
Grandma Parsons Cooper
(my middle name is Parsons too)
Hank-
We all LOVE apple butter! YUMMY
Lester
Many years ago When I was a young guy, apple butter making was an all day job.
We had to hang a 20 gallon copper bottom kettle outside and build a fire under it and cook apple butter all day long.
The apple butter had to be stirred all day long while it cooked. Guess who got to stir the apple butter?
A silver dollar was placed in the bottom of the kettle to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the kettle.
When the stirrer scrapped the silver dollar across the bottom of the kettle it sounded like it was scrapping a blackboard!!
I did not enjoy making apple butter and stirring it all day long. But I endured because I LOVE apple butter and you have the genes
to LOVE it too.
Tell Mom that she will have to make more apple butter. You will have to have enough for the winter.
Ol' Gramps
Post a Comment
<< Home