Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Under the weather.


Well, Mom and Dad have been suspecting that I was coming down with something. Especially after everyone else at the babysitter's got sick in the past two weeks. Even dad noticed I was acting a little more cuddly lately.

Mom suspected right because this morning she woke up with me in her bed and the both of us smelling oddly like barf. I had a rough morning, if you know what I mean, but I did eat some apple sauce and a couple bites of waffle before my nap, so hopefully this is a quick passing bug.
Despite this recent setback, we've had a great week. I starting to reveal my mastery of language more and more. My new phrase "ba-why-uh" means "where's bubba?" and we use it alot when playing peak-a-boo. It also transfers to "car-why-uh" when I'm hiding my cars. I've also started stringing words together. For example, I told dad yesterday "Milk away, apple juice." Pretty soon I'll have them trained.


Finally, on Wednesday, Dad thought I was having some kind of fit because I was hitting myself on the head and chest over and over. Because he's a genius too, he eventually figured out that I wasn't experiencing a religious conversion, but instead I was requesting that he sing me "Head Shoulder Knees and Toes." We haven't been able to catch this on video, but we did catch dad's new trick with the umbrella.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry,

Hope you are feeling better. I have to agree with you - that dad is a funny guy!!!

Love,
Grandma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home