Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Olbrich Gardens and Brat Fest- Henry.

The buyers of our house scheduled an inspection yesterday. Right in the middle of nap time. Arg. So we called up our friends and met them down at Olbrich Gardens. Not only does Olbrich have an awesome indoor botanical garden, it also has acres and acres of gardens outside.
Mama liked this flower the best.


We had to be careful not to run around too much because there were lot of wedding parties getting their pictures taken. So instead we played in the fountains.

It's almost like these fountains were made with kids in mind.
We had lots of fun getting wet.

Reilly liked it too.

His mama and papa thought it was pretty funny.

And he ended up really wet.


But not too wet for his papa.

The babies were there too. June slept, of course.


And Owen thought it was pretty funny that his hat was too small and he's already wearing 6-9 month clothes. June is still pretty roomy in some of her 0-3 month stuff.


But it doesn't seem to bother her.

Later, we stuck to the Wisconsin Memorial Day Tradition and headed to BratFest- the world's largest Bratwurst Festival. It was awesome and I can tell that this is the year we'll break the record for most brats served.

We also got to check out some of the pageantry of the midway. Papa and I had fun going down the slide even though it was kid of slow.

But I had the need for speed, so we headed over to the airplane ride. Mama and Papa spent about 15 minutes debating whether or not it was a good idea. I was a lot smaller than the other kids that were riding it and there weren't any seatbelts. But I really wanted to ride it and I don't ever try to stand up when I'm in my stroller, so they thought we should give it a try. I was a little nervous when it was my turn to get in a plane. I almost turned back until a little girl who was about 4 years old walked me to my plane. She got into the seat behind me, but then decided to come sit with me in the front seat. Mama and Papa were glad that I had someone to sit with and keep me in line. What a perceptive little girl.
We had a really good time on the plane. After the first few minutes, I even took my fingers out of my mouth (which means I'm having fun and I'm not nervous anymore).

Papa was so proud of me and said I am now officially a little boy and no longer a baby. So I asked if I could have a beer. He said no.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Henry & June-

These pics are BEAUTIFUL!

Lester

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

Next time, ask your Dad instead of a beer, if you can start out with a little wine. Shhhhhh don't tell Mama I said that.

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home