Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our last day at Grandma and Grandpa's- Henry.

On our last day at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Grandma cooked up a real treat. Her friend, Miss Ruth Ann, has an indoor pool. And she invited us over to swim!

June was excited to show off her new suit. Someone should tell her to take off her socks.

We had a great time at the pool. June liked being in the water and even kicked her legs. I'm working on my doggy paddle. My favorite part was standing on the steps and jumping in the water.

Afterwards we all went into Defiance to meet Grandpa and papa for lunch. We went to Kissner's for lunch. Kissner's is the old restaurant that Great Grandpa Wagner used to visit for fried pig brain sandwiches. (Grandma says they also serve a great Tom and Jerry at Christmastime.) We decided to forgo the brain and instead we all dined on 80 cent BLTs in honor of Kissner's 80th anniversary.

After lunch, we were all tired and took a little rest.

Since the Tallers were home too, we got to sleep in the trailer. It was great! The couch folded down into a bed for me to sleep in!

Poor June, the overlooked second child, had to sleep in the bathtub. At least Grandma figured out that the changing pad from the pack and play fit in the bathtub just right. Lucky for June, we moved inside on Monday night. There was a huge storm and when we went outside to check the camper and found water had leaked into the bathtub. June would have had a waterbed!

We sure had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa said I talked too much, but I think he enjoyed it. I had the best time "going high in the barn"- or swinging. Grandma thought everything I said was funny. When my truck got wet from driving through a puddle, she told be to go put it in the sun. I thought about it for a minute and told her "I can't reach it." But then I quickly concluded that if Grandpa got a ladder, he could probably reach it.
We set out for home after supper last night. Everyone did great in the car and we made it home in under 6 hours. Henry managed to stay awake until after we got past Chicago (he pointed out every single light downtown). And even June woke up for Chicago. June has developed a little problem in the car. She sleeps so well when swaddled, but could get herself to sleep in her car seat. When her arms are free, she immediately grabs her nuk and pulls it out of her mouth. This naturally is very upsetting. No matter how many times mama put that nuk back in, she kept grabbing it out. Finally mama got out a little t-shirt for June to hold. Once she got her little fingers wrapped around that, she stopped grabbing her huk. And then we all got some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home