Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The last Farmers' Market

We went downtown this morning for the last outdoor Farmer's Market of the year. Although the morning started out chilly (about 37 degrees), it turned into a beautiful fall day.
I climbed the Capitol steps. Papa says our legislature needs some help. This year's budget was 130 days late. I better get in there and help out with next year's budget soon.
Papa and I had to get the to Brunkow cheese booth one last time for all the cheese we could sample. Isn't this a great view of the lake?

Of course, mom insisted on everyone wearing hats. She said she loves the cold weather, but that's no reason to be cold.

After the market, we dropped Papa back at work and went to the zoo to see the new giraffes. (I yelled "zoo-park" in the car the whole way there.) Most of the animals had moved indoors, so it was a pretty quick trip. Mostly, I see the zoo as a precursor to my favorite place ever- the park.

Mom wanted to leave from the back entrance of the zoo so we could walk by the lake and over the speedskating pond. The sign said that over 15 Olympic speedskaters trained there- including Casey Fitzrandolph. I may have only been a few months old for the 2006 Olympics, but I remember how worked up mom got over the speedskating races.



It was right about now that I spotted the park and took off running.

We moved some recycled tire compost.

And climbed through the tunnels.


All in all, it was a pretty great day.

I fell asleep in the car on the way home, which is a perfect way to get a catnap and then refuse to go back to sleep once we get home. Mom is hoping that I go to sleep soon, but I don't think she knows I'm in here blogging.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man can't you read? the door is not open at the top of all those stairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home