The life and times of a big brother and little sister.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Homecoming.
Dad called us and said there was a parade tonight. So mom and I got downtown as fast as we could.
The parade was for Wisconsin's Homecoming. But mom is pretty excited about Halloween, so I had to wear my costume.
I don't really like this costume, but mom does and there were enough fire engines to distract me for a while.
Look at how happy she is.
You know, we're starting to think twice about moving away from Wisconsin. Just think of how many great things there are to offer.
They throw cheese sticks from the parade floats.
The bands play polka music and everyone dances.
And everyone has good-old fashioned fun.
Plus, there are pirates here and no one judges them for their rogue pasts. Savvy?
But seeing as how, we will have to leave someday, we started making a list of things we want to do before we go.
1. Learn the words to the UW fight song. (I'm pretty sure it's not just "On Wisconsin, on wisconsin, on wisconsin" over and over.) 2. Finally buy those "I cheese Wisconsin" t-shirts. 3. Succeed in helping Madison beat the all-time brat record at Brat Fest next Spring.
4. Go to a Packers game (oh wait- mom already has. Slam in your face, papa!)
5. Sneak out on Halloween weekend and either flip a car OR light a couch on fire. Preferably both.
Unfortunately, others in Madison already had this idea a few years ago. So Halloween partying is a little more regulated than it used to be. For example, you have to have a ticket to get on State Street, and they set up huge stadium lights. Apparently, it's harder to attack police officers if they can see you.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home