Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's my birthday!

Today I am officially two!

Preparations for my party started last night. I had to help mom out by putting all of the paper liners into the cupcake pan.
While we were waiting for Papa to get home, mom got out the train set that Aunt Molly and Uncle Mike got me for my birthday last year. It goes around very fast and even puffs real smoke! I was a good boy and didn't touch it because it comes off the track very easily. Aunt Molly called to wish me a happy birthday and can attest that I like my train because as soon as mom turned it off, I pleaded "Choo choo back on" over an over.

I even made sure baby Susie got a good look at the train.

Mom made a cake for my party. It's supposed to look like a Christmas ornament.

While the adults ate the big cake and the peppermint ice cream cake, us kids munched on yellow cupcakes with cars. Here's Nora, Ariel, me, Huntley and Yonatan.
The best part about my birthday was that we finally opened the racetrack that GG and GG sent up for me. This thing has been sitting in a box for what seems like years. No matter how many times I asked mom to get the cars out, she said I had to wait for my birthday. Even after mom hid the box, I still found it. But it was worth the wait. While I really like my racetrack, I think Papa, Mister Kyle, and Mister TJ liked it even more. They spent a lot of time making the cars crash into toy people and monkeys. Mom says some boys never grow up.

Here's a video of my happy birthday song. It was great and I got help blowing out the candles from my great friend Huntley. It's a good thing he's around to show my what to do!

Thanks to everyone for the cards and phone calls, and thanks to all my Wisconsin friends for coming to my party and making this the best 2nd birthday ever!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Hank!

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little guy. I wish I got a card out to you. I look forward to seeing you and your mom and dad over christmas break. Make sure you take good care of your mom between now and then.
Love, MegC

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Lester & Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home