Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Update on Mama- Henry.

Mama is improving slowly but surely. On Wednesday we were not able to do much more than roll from her back to her side, and the doctors were getting a bit worried. But on Thursday all the rest must have paid off because she was able to sit up. And by Friday she was taking steps and actually managed to get out of the house for a 4th of July party. Right now, she's able to get around the house (with the help of a back brace), but still can't lift anything.

Because papa's dissertation isn't giving extensions for family illness, he had to get back to work yesterday. Mama had to stay at home with us. I help out by taking a 4 hour nap. And Junebug helped by being perfectly content laying on the floor in one spot all day. When she got tired, mama just dragged her on her blanket into the bathroom for a nap. Not bad.
Papa got home in time last night to read me a story. Now that we've mastered upper case and lower case letters, papa wants me to learn sounds. I'm not really interested in learning sounds, but they do let me play Super Why computer games if I give it a try.

I've been pretty good about taking it easy with mama since she got hurt. When she was lying in the ground, it was easy to remember. But now that she's up and moving around, sometimes I forget that she can't do all the things she used to. Last night, she was brushing my teeth while I stood on the toilet. When we were finished, I decided to jump into her arms. Unfortunately for me, mama was not able to catch me and I fell down. Luckily the toilet seat caught me before I hit the ground. Needless to say I was not happy. But I also haven't tried jumping on mama since, so I must have learned my lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home