Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our weekend in Ohio- Henry.



Papa left for a week in Rhode Island, and mama was not about to spend a week alone with two kids, so we went home to Ohio to see Grandma and Grandpa Seibert.




It was nice and cool when we got there and there weren't very many mosquitoes, so we went outside to swing.
Grandpa still had the tire swing from when mama was a kid, so he hung it up. (It really is a tire cut up and turned inside out.)



Here's June on her maiden voyage.

I got to ride too and I went high! it was my first time on a swing that I wasn't strapped or harnessed into.



On Saturday, we got all dressed up for Maria and Brian's wedding.


Miss Maria is mama's second cousin and high school friend.


I was a little nervous at first, but Mister Nick, a lot of cookies, and about 12 mini packs of M&Ms put me at ease. Mama was a little overwhelmed at having me on her own at a wedding (papa normally has wedding duty), but the bottles of Wisconsin wine (what a great wedding!) on every table helped put her at ease.






By the end of the wedding, I was so wound up that Iwas feeling no pain.


On Sunday, Natalie and Oliver came over. Natalie made a bee-line straight to baby sister.
Then she commisurated with June on how crummy tummy time can be.
Later, Uncle Kevin took us on a ride in the blue wagon. Oliver's up front with Uncle Kevin.
And before bed, I put on a fashion show with June's new bonnet (made courtesy of mama and Grandma).On Monday, we went over to Great Grandma Wagner's house for lunch. We all decided that 70 degrees was too chilly for us and cuddled up under a blanket. (Meanwhile, mama was sweating up a storm.)

I had a great time with Grandma Wagner. She has a huge house with three sets of stairs off her porches, a long sidewalk and two swings. Plus she has a huge garden filled with vegetables. I love Grandma Wagner (and her cooking) so much that I even ate a radish with her.
Finally, we stripped June down to admire her thigh rolls and let them air out a bit. She's turned er head away out of embarrassment and hopes she can deny this is her in 16 years when mama and papa show it to her boyfriends.



In this movie, Natalie and I were giving June zerberts in grandma's dark living room.





Mama's getting geared up for the Olympics and we prepared by watching the US gymnastics trials. I had a lot to say about the floor routines. Especially about what the girls would do after the trials-namely go home and play with their cars.




Finally, here's a video of Juney au natural. We think she might be a early crawler. She's certainly got the technique down. Now she just has to use those powerful thighs to get that big belly off the ground.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home