Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

June is dairy month- Henry.

We're so city-fied that this morning we actually paid money to visit a dairy farm. Mama hung her head in shame that her own children now viewed farms as a fun event.
The Dane County Dairy Council holds a Breakfast on the Farm even every year and this year it was up in Waunakee.

When we got to the farm, I looked at the cows and the cows looked at me. Then one peed and I spent the next 10 minutes telling everyone about it.

(Click on this picture to make it big and check out the huge mosquito bites on the back of me neck. Mosquito season has officially started. We saw Huntley at the park yesterday and when we walked him home, we were all attacked by skeeters down by the pond. I was so busy swatting them that I couldn't walk to get away from them.)

Even though we had to pay admission, we got our money's worth with all the food! Breakfast included cheesy eggs, sausage, kringles, and cheese. Plus you got to drink all the milk you wanted. I drank 3 milks with breakfast.

Then after breakfast, we got ice cream sundaes!!

Even papa agreed that this place is the greatest!

There were tractors everywhere for kids to climb on.


But when we got close to them, I decided that I didn't want anything to do with them.

But to prove to papa that I'm not a chicken, I did touch a pig.

Papa couldn't resist the urge to climb in the big tractor. I stayed on the ground and grabbed another jug of milk from the wagons they were pulling around.

I did get up the nerve to climb on the fire truck.

I even got to sit in the front seat!
The firetruck had it's extension ladder out and the firemen were climbing all the way to the top about 50 feet up in the air. But they said I was not allowed to climb it too.

At the farm, we saw our friends, the Gilles girls. their mama works with our mama.

They were eager to pose as hot dogs in buns by the Weinermobile. Miss Jennifer didn't have to pose with a hot dog, because she's already got a bun in the oven. (hahaha. Mama made that joke up on her own.)

We rode a bus to and from the farm. You can see how excited baby JB was with the bus ride.

I thought the bus was great. No car seats!

I spent the rest of the ride contemplating the exhibit we saw on manure management. I bet that got some kid an A on his 4-H project.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger lesleymac said...

Hank-

It looks like you guys had a great time. Was the pig's name Wilber? How cool, I've never touched a pig before.

Lester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home