Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ice cream storm- Henry.


The weather just won't let up here in Wisconsin. You've probably heard about the awful week that Wisconsin and Iowa have had. Madison has received approximately 11 inches of rain in the past 7 days. We can't complain much though, because most of the strong storms have gone north of us . 90/94 was closed from Madison to the Dells because it was flooded over and many dams have broken. The main lake in the Dells, Lake Delton, drained completely after its dam broke. They've received in excess of 15 inches of rain.

We were lucky not to receive much damage. Our basement has stayed dry. But we did lose some trees on a hill down the road when they washed away in the storm and closed our street down for a day.Yesterday, the storms continued and I got to see something new- hail. It was really loud. Mama said that hail is ice.

She reached out and got a handful for me. When she said it was ice, I thought she meant ice cream, so I ate it up. I wish it rained ice cream every day.

In the end, none of the hail was larger than a quarter and the storm only lasted about 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home