Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Bathtime- June.

Mama's been a little worried lately. I got a splotchy rash on my arms and legs yesterday. Mama's fears escalated when someone at Henry's school suggested that it looked like flea bites (like she needed another reason to be irate with the movers). We decided it probably wasn't fleas because no one else was suffering for any sort of bites or rash. (But mama still washed all of my seats in very hot water- twice.)
Our next guess is heat rash, but mama's skeptical about this because my rash isn't hidden under my neck, which is wear you'd figure someone with my, ahem, fullness of figure, would store the most sweat. But just in case, we decided that maybe it would be a good idea to bathe more than once a week.

I am pretty excited that mama has started letting me sit up in the bath tub. It's a lot more fun this way!
We've got two more theories on my rash. First, mama did slather me with grown-up sunscreen this week. That might give me a rash, but she did put it on my face and liberally on my head, and there were no spots up there.

Our second theory is that maybe something I ate didn't agree with me. I did eat some very ripe peaches and a slice of an apple this week. (Don't worry, Grandma Seibert, it was in one of those mesh holders, so I won't choke on it.) So we've gone back to square one and all I'm eating is oatmeal again. Which should mean I will gain about 2 more pounds next week because I LOVE oatmeal and will cry until I get at least two bowls. Mama said she'd try slowly phasing in new food again and hopefully the next time I try peaches I can handle it.
The good news is that my spots seem to be fading and hopefully they won't come back. Luckily, they never seemed to bother me at all.



Maybe there's an old wives' tale that could explain it. Don't they say that a teething baby is prone to diaper rash?


Well, maybe if you're teething really bad, the rash spreads to your arms and legs. In which case it worked, because yesterday I became a proud owner of a bottom right tooth! It's so little that you wouldn't be able to see it even if we tried to get a picture of it (which I refused anyway). And it looks like the bottom left tooth is trying to bust through too. I'm glad all of the extra hard chewing I've been doing was finally worth it.
This picture is my response to Tessa's bathtub picture from yesterday. Hey Tessa, I could lose you in my neck rolls!

After my bath, it was Henry's turn. Hey Grandma, do you think Henry needs a haircut?

Henry actually had a good bath absent any big splashing and complaining about washing up.

How you ask? We'll tell you. It was all thanks to the foaming soap dispenser. Granted, there were two inches of bubbles before it was all over and we had a hard time actually rinsing Henry off. (And don't even suggest using the shower- it's Henry's mortal enemy and mama spends half of bath time assuring Henry that no, she will not turn it on.)

Mama and papa were happy to put two very nice smelling kids to bed. And we were both so tired, we went straight to sleep.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Henry, I can see that your spider tatoo is still on! You look so tough!
Juner, you are the cutest! You're looking so chubby, and I love me some chubby niece :]

Love you all!
Aunt Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home