Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My early Christmas present.

It snowed another 5 inches today, but we just scoffed at it and decided to go shopping. Actually, it was pretty bad out, but most of Madison decided to go home in the middle of the storm early in the afternoon, so by the time the good workers (like my mom) left work, there wasn't anyone on the road.

So like I said, mom and I went shopping and mom bought me my Christmas present.
Since we're not at Grandma Cooper's house, mom said we could just open it now. It's a cool new shelf with baskets to put my toys in!
I helped put the shelf together and then put the baskets on too.
I already feel more organized. But frankly, I think maybe this present was more for mom than me. I would have preferred another car. Or maybe the train set that was at the store. I threw a big temper tantrum to let mom know it was high on my wish list. (She said no.)
And finally, I pulled all the boxes off the shelf to make sure they fit together.


There was even a bonus present- the box that the shelf came in. I climbed through it for a while and then practiced counting. You'll notice that Papa's laundry hasn't been put away yet. Unfortunately for Papa, I have started claiming all of the loose laundry in our house for Oliver. We keep a bag in my room for clothes that I grow out of and can send to Oliver (while he's still smaller than me). I like the idea so much that any loose item becomes Oliver's and gets carried around until I find a bag to put it in. Oliver, you're going to have an extra Christmas just from my small clothes!

(P.S. from mom- If you need a shelf like this- they're on sale at Aldi for $25. We've only been able to find them elsewhere for $45. What a bargain. Plus summer sausage is on sale for $3. Stock up now before it snows again.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home