Henry and June Turner

The life and times of a big brother and little sister.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bath time again.

Mama made me take a bath again tonight. Note my t-shirt. I insisted on wearing this t-shirt because of all the snowplows that were out today. We got a full on blizzard-even by Wisconsin standards. It was really windy and we probably got about 16 inches of snow since yesterday. Mama went into work this morning, and she barely made it home when she left at 2:30. She had to kick away the 3 foot snowdrift that had accumulated around her car. (Mama was hoping this would put her into labor, but no luck.) And then she almost got stuck about 17 times just trying to drive the one mile home from work. The city of Madison had stopped plowing all together until the snow let up. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning, they'll have plowed our road, because we spent most of the afternoon watching people get stuck on the street.

After bath, mama tried to comb my hair. This doesn't happen often in our house, since mom prefers the sloppy-head look. Looks like somebody needs a haircut.

Still PawPaw should appreciate the order up front.



And finally, I got down to some spirited toothbrushing. Lately, I've had lots of fun brushing my own teeth (mama lets me use her minty toothpaste, which I actually like better than my own fruity toothpaste). But I haven't been very good about letting mom finish the job by helping me get a good brush. Normally, I end up laying on mom's lap with my arms pinned down and singing "Ahhh" for her. Tonight, I tried a different tactic. When she got me in her lap, I struggled for about 3 minutes, then I "fell asleep." I was hoping that mama wouldn't be mean enough to wake a sleeping Bubba, but even she had no problem brushing the teeth of a sleeping man. Soon after, the giggles woke me up from my slumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home